The River Room – Nedlands RUFC
Updated 13 May 2017
- Tentative Bookings, Confirmation, Bond
- Cancellation of Confirmed Booking>
- Price Adjustments
- Attaching items / Damages / Additional Cleaning
- Conduct and Noise Levels
- Public Holidays Surcharge
- Delivery and Pick Up of Merchandise or Goods
- Payment Terms
- Agreement of T&C
1. Tentative Bookings, Confirmation, Bond
Tentative bookings will be held for 4 weeks only. This “Terms and Conditions of Hire” document must be read prior to signing and returning the “Hire Confirmation” document . You will then be invoiced for the Hire Charge and on receipt of this fee and a bond (if required) your booking is confirmed. No booking is confirmed until these documents and the room hire fee are received. Any Bond paid will be held and returned, subject to any damage claim as per Clause 6 below, within 14 days of the hire event.
The River Room Hire Charge includes social membership of the NRUFC for one year. It is also a condition of the booking that the authorised hirer is in attendance on the premises for the duration of the hire.
2. Cancellation of Confirmed Booking
You may cancel your booked event by written notice to NRUFC on the following terms.
- 3 months plus No cancellation fee and room hire fee refunded in full
- 3 months – 1 month 25% of estimated total fee payable (includes beverage)
- 1 month – 14 days 50% of estimated total fee payable (includes beverage)
- Within 14 days 80% of estimated total fee payable (includes beverage)
3. Price Adjustments
NRUFC and its caterers reserves the right to increase quoted room hire rates and food and beverage prices annually at the first of July each year or should the official Goods and Services Tax (GST) increase. NRUFC and its caterers also reserve the right to substitute food and beverage requested by you due to lack of availability and to increase the price to replace such items if necessary. Should this occur you will be advised in advance of the substitution and of the revised amount payable under this agreement (if applicable).
4. Attaching items to the River Room Ceiling, Walls / Damages / Additional Cleaning
You will be responsible for any damage to NRUFC premises by your associates, invited guests, agents or sub contracted labour and will be financially responsible for any loss of merchandise or equipment in The River Room at NRUFC. The NRUFC reserves the right to charge a bond to hire its venue and to deduct from the bond the costs of remedying any damage to NRUFC premises and equipment and/or any additional cleaning charges if required.
Note: Items may only be fixed to the ceiling from the existing ceiling hooks in place. No freestanding candelabra, confetti, or glitter and permitted inside the venue or on the veranda area. Tea candles, fresh flower petals and other decorations are allowed on tables only.
It is recommended you arrange your own insurance including public liability, and security personnel if required. You will be advised of any security personnel required under the NRUFC Licence conditions.
The NRUFC is a licensed venue and no BYO alcohol is permitted. A minimum charge of $500 expenditure is required for beverage consumption on all functions.
By Word of Mouth Catering is the contracted caterer to the NRUFC and provide all catering to The River Room and NRUFC. Access to the kitchen and its equipment is not included in the hire fee.
The BBQs and use of external sink area is included in any hire should you wish to self – cater however all items for cooking and serving must be provided by yourself and this area left clean.
7. Conduct of Patrons and Noise Levels
You, as Hirer, must conduct the event in an orderly manner, in full compliance with NRUFC’s terms and conditions and all relevant State and Federal Government legislation, regulations and by laws. The NRUFC reserves the right to evict intoxicated guests as per our liquor license and control noise levels to prevent disturbance to surrounding neighbours.
8. Public Holidays Surcharge
A 10% surcharge on public holidays is applicable to the food and beverage portion of the account.
9. Delivery and Pick Up of Merchandise or Goods
NRUFC must be advised at least three (3) days in advance of any items to be received to arrange a mutually convenient time to open the venue. All courier companies are to provide adequate personnel to off load goods to and from the venue and NRUFC is not responsible for providing personnel for this purpose. You are to provide protective covers under exhibits or displays to prevent damage to venue tiles and carpets. No defacement is to be made to the building either inside or out and you will be held financially responsible for any loss or damage.
You are wholly responsible for insuring your equipment and you agree to accept full responsibility for any loss or damage to your merchandise and or injury to persons or property. All goods must be removed immediately after the event.
10. Payment Terms
- Full payment of the Hire Rental Charge and any Bond is required as detailed on your Hire Confirmation form to confirm your booking..
- Full payment for catering is required with final numbers seven (7) days prior to your event by BSB direct transfer, cash or cheque with any adjustments due to change in numbers being settled on the day of your event. Details below
- Payment for beverage consumption will be on the day or night of your event to the Bar Manager of NRUFC unless prior arrangements have been made and credit approved by NRUFC. If approved all accounts are strictly 14 days and interest will be charged at 2% per month for overdue accounts.
- In the event of default the debtor agrees to pay for costs incurred in the recovery process.
Hire Rental Charge, Bond and Beverage Payments to:
Nedlands RUFC: NAB BSB 086 420 Account Number: 48 179 3688
11. These Terms & Conditions are duly noted and fully accepted by you the authorised Hirer:
Please keep a copy for your records